Want to join us?
Our mission is to improve the user experience of buildings and connect people with what they love in and around them.
We are looking to revolutionise the PropTech sector with the best mobile app platform that connects people with property and each other. We are searching for people from all walks of life to help us build upon our incredible team that are always keen to continuously improve, challenge and deliver.
Our current tech stack is a mixture of many things, but that is because we are still in the early stages of finding the right path to allow us to be as nimble as possible in development. The stack includes:
- The tech landscape lives in AWS ECS, Lambdas (NodeJS and Python) and DynamoDB
- ¬†Main api is currently Java so working knowledge would be good, but not essential.
- ¬†Any knowledge of the aws console and its key services and features will be useful although not essential in the first instance.
- App is built in React native and Redux.
- Angular and React in the front end of the admin console.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain awesome product features.
- Challenge the technology choices we make as a team to bring modern and current thinking to the table.
- Manage individual priorities and estimate effort required for work.
- Advocate of technology as a whole, staying current and automation.
Test and build scalability; our future lies in integrating a wide array of systems and stakeholders into one simple and user-centric product.
- Rolling Internships available (selection process every three months)
- Junior: ¬£26-¬£40k
- Mid-Level: ¬£40k-¬£55k
- Senior: ¬£60k-¬£80k+
Equity options available.
Macbook pro provided
Flexible holiday allowance
Team bonus structure
User Experience Designer
We are looking for someone to champion design in the things that we do from the creation of usable apis to the delivery of useable experiences in our api, web and app estate.
- Approach design challenges from the ground up, understanding user and business drivers uncovering the true opportunity to be delivered
- Deliver pragmatic designs to real world challenges in our sector understanding the user need
- Lead with the broad UX strategy and design that focuses on detail at the point of delivery
- Implicitly understand user value and impact as part of the users‚Äô experience of the product
- Undertake design research and translate research findings into refined product and interaction designs that provide usable, valuable and feasible experiences to users
- Understand and facilitate the design process from initial sketches through to prototypes and design artefacts that support the technical service delivery process
- Be able to quickly prototype scenarios to help people understand problems to be addressed or iterations to be made
- Manage individual priorities and estimate effort required for work as part of a multi disciplined team
- Be a key stakeholder and lead in the creation of our design kit to enable rapid development and reduce design decisions in the development
Nice to have (but not essential) skills
- Have created a UXD and/or research function in a startup previously
- Experience of delivering design for a scaling app with multiplying user every month.
- Your own view on the tools to use in the design space
- Recruiting all levels ¬£26-¬£60k
Equity options available
Flexible holiday allowance
Team bonus structure
Business Development Manager
- The successful candidate needs to be hugely excited about our product and motivated to make District succeed. This role comes with a lot of autonomy therefore you should be confident to manage your own workload, but understand when to ask for help.
- You will be a natural at liaising with a multitude of stakeholders, to include investors, clients, new leads and techies. You will be very comfortable setting up meetings, attending and speaking at events and negotiating sales, and you are excited about establishing your own client base to expand our product. You will want to get potential clients over the line and create an excellent working relationship, before and after sale. We have a deployment team who manage new clients, however a high level understanding and involvement from you is important at all stages.¬†
- An important part of the role will include responding to client tenders and attending pitches; developing marketing materials; and preparing and posting material on social media, therefore a very high level of written and verbal English is required.You will be comfortable dealing with challenges and have the ability to learn very quickly.
- Our tech is continually iterating therefore it is very important to maintain close communication with the tech team to ensure that you are up to speed and can confidently relay information to our clients.
You’ll know how to
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders at all levels of seniority and manage client relationships.
- Source clients, typically landlords and large occupiers, and develop your own client base.
- Prepare high quality marketing, reporting and pitch materials and continue to improve these.
- Confidently deliver presentations and understand your audience.
- Network at events and conferences and source events to attend, and ideally speak at.
- Drive the pitching and negotiation process.
- Collaborate and deliver client feedback and requests internally to the respective teams; keep track of product developments; and, relay appropriate information back to the clients. It is also important to understand how to manage client expectations.
- Create and post relevant material on social media and use Mailchimp to prepare our newsletters and other marketing content.
- You have at least 2+ years of experience in business development, ideally with exposure to real estate or tech.
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders with many moving parts, and ideally across time zones.
- You are highly organised and are able to prioritise.
- You are highly motivated and enjoy autonomy, but are not afraid to ask for help when required.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed and enjoy learning new skills.
- You love getting stuck into projects and want to be involved at ground level.
- You have a keen interest in real estate and are passionate about building the best possible user experience in PropTech, Smart Buildings and Smart Cities.
Competitive compensation and equity options available based on experience.
Customer Success Manager
Who are we?
Here at District Technologies we are at the forefront of revolutionising the PropTech sector with a mobile app platform that connects people with property and each other. Working across a mix of commercial and residential customers across the globe, we are now looking for an upbeat Customer Success Manager to join our friendly team.
Are you a master organizer with a love for testing and rolling out new processes?
Brimming with positivity and empathy?
Do you have a strong work ethic and comfortable in taking initiative?
Have an eye for (technical) detail?
If you answered YES to all the above then read on!
- Gaining a deep understanding of our customers and guiding them face-to-face, over email and phone in getting maximum value from our app.
- Being the main point of contact during the onboarding process.
- Building a trusting ongoing relationship with the customer by undertaking regular syncs and providing pro-active best practice.
- Being the internal customer voice ensuring our customers are heard through-out the company, from Business Development to Product.
- Explaining technical details to non-techy customers and creating content to support self-service.
- Tracking customer metrics and increasing adoption and usage.
- Identifying expansion opportunities with our current customers.
- Updating our internal reports and some content upload during the onboarding period.
- Enthusiastic individual with 1-2 years experience in Customer Success, Account Management or relevant customer facing roles.
- Fantastic time management and ability to prioritise a busy workload.
- Self motivated, ambitious and resourceful mind-set.
- Comfortable in setting customer expectations and dealing with customer curve-balls.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Experience working in a start-up.
- Interest in the property and tech industries.
- Knowledge of SaaS products.
- Competitive salary based on experience and performance related bonus.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Free on-site gym/yoga & events.
- Mac provided.
- Work from a beautiful co-working space in East London with unlimited coffee, biscuits, fruits and the occasional Soylent.
Want to join us?
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch to discuss your role in the team at District