The best buildings in the world are upgrading their tenant experience through our mobile platform. Do you want to be part of it?
Our mission is to improve the user experience of buildings and connect people with what they love in and around them.
District Technologies has been recognised as one of the rising stars of smart cities and PropTech. We provide landlords and companies with SaaS to upgrade their buildings to be ready for the smart city revolution. Our founding team has a strong track record in real estate, technology, and scaling digital products (coming from places like Uber, WeWork, The Crown Estate, Interchange, Methods, Savills and PwC).
We are looking to revolutionise the PropTech world with an emphasis on Tech. We would like to hear from able and versatile engineers who want to turn this sector on its head with the best user experience app that seamlessly connects people with property.
We are currently a close knit engineering team based out of London and Lisbon, but are looking to scale with our app as we move through the next iteration. We are all comfortable working in the open, collaboratively and are happy to challenge the status quo with each other, as well as with our customers to get the job done.
We are searching for engineers from differing backgrounds, whether that be data and analytics, computer science, operations or app development. We would like to hear from people from all walks of life including big corporate, consulting, startup, even fresh out of university or thought leaders in the sector to help us build upon our awesome team that are keen to continuously improve, challenge and deliver.
We have no silos between our communities of practice here and if you want or need to get involved with any activities outside of engineering then you are free to do so.
If you are happy with the above and are a regular contributor to technology, digital and/or engineering in anyway, we would like to hear from you.
There are going to be many interesting challenges for us as we move forward, and we’re happy for people to pick a specialism. We are starting to ramp up our knowledge-sharing sessions so you’ll learn lots about property, square footage, the tech we use, the tech we would like to use, the tech that we do not and our vision for the product.
Our current tech stack is a mixture of many things, but that is because we are still in the early stages of finding the right path to allow us to be as nimble as possible in development. The stack includes:
- PhP in the back end, but we are in the process of architecting away from this (an understanding would be helpful in the short term)
- We have been slowly migrating some of the heavy lifting to Java, so working knowledge would be good.
- The tech landscape lives in AWS EC2 and serverless so any knowledge of the aws console and its key features will be useful although not essential in the first instance.
- App is built in React native and Redux.
- Angular in the front end of the admin console.
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain awesome product features.
- Challenge the technology choices we make as a team and bring modern and current thinking to the table.
- Manage individual priorities and estimate effort required for work.
- Advocate of technology as a whole, staying current and automation.
- Test and build scalability; our future lies in integrating a wide array of systems and stakeholders into one simple and user-centric UI
Compensation is competitive with and a generous options plan.
Want to join us?
Fill out the form below and we’ll be in touch to discuss your role in the team at District